FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:02 am
crombiestone

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Did you get the 737MAX from CAI to MXP?

I recently flew MXP-CAI on Air Italy and was supposed to be on a 737MAX but it was changed to an old 737-800 :/
No Both CAI flights were on a beaten old 737-800 . The return flight didn't even have a dividing curtain for business class and crew had to keep sending people back from the front rows .

I do indeed live in Egypt so I had every intention of using the return portion to CAI .

I didn't bother mentioning the Cairo Lounge as other than a coffee and a dry pastry there's nothing to mention . I also do my best to blank out the CAI Terminal 1 experience as its always bloody awful . Harassed by "porters" on the way out and a complete scrum for immigration and customs on the way in as 2 flights arrived at the same time .

There are definitely some elements of the Qatar experience , particularly towards the meal presentation but its not dine on demand and horror of horrors they even used a trolley to deliver the appetisers ;-)

Last edited by crombiestone; Jul 23, 2018 at 11:09 am Reason: add pics