FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:45 pm
ifearn0thing

Programs: BAEC (Blue, usually)
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time post now and hoping I can pick a few brains from some trip planning experts as I'm new to doing this myself. I'm planning a trip to SIN for an event in mid-October and have the fortune of being able to take advantage of the exAMS to BKK deal — and I'll be doing enough travel so that at least getting to Silver should be straightforward in due time. Right now, I do an itinerary of the following (apologies for the awkward formatting, I can't appear to post images until I have more posts!):

AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS
AMS-LHR-SIN on 11th October (arrive SIN on 12th), SIN-BKK on 15th then BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS on 21st (arrive AMS on 22nd). This gets me at €1,627.85.

The question: I'm meeting a friend in SIN who's coming from TPE who's also coming in from Oct 12th-15th and wanted to see if there's a way to get to TPE in I/J or better without substantially increasing the cost. I'm quite new to using ITA but couldn't get anything remotely reasonable playing around with the dates whether it was doing something like SIN-HKG-TPE-BKK or some other mixture of combinations.

AMS-LHR-SIN is locked in date wise but I'm somewhat flexible after that — I don't mind getting into TPE on the 16th instead and I can also take the whole return stretch a day or two later as well. Worst comes to worst, I may just get a nested ticket within and give myself enough wiggle room to return or just make a trip of SIN/BKK instead. Many thanks.