FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Upgrades not allowed on all fares anymore?
Old Apr 30, 2003, 8:27 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ord26:
I called just after 12am to see if my upgrade had cleared and I was told there would be no upgrade for me because " as of a couple of months ago we don't give out upgrades on V, K , or M fares. Yet on my outbound segment there was no problem at all with my upgrade clearing. </font>
I'm confident this isn't right. Call during the day when the Flight Fund center is open. After midnight, god only knows what answer you'll get -- to any question -- when you call an Elite line. I've had horrible experiences in recent months with the after-hours group. I think this sucks given that you can't call until midnight to confirm or arrange for upgrade that didn't happen as it should -- these people should know what they're doing.

Just the other day used miles to upgrade someone in advance on a qualifying fare. The Elite person I spoke with when arranging this clarified that this policy applies to advance upgrades using miles -- not to Elite upgrades within the upgrade window.