FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:33 pm
always_solo

This is GREAT info! I was wondering you could "pick and choose" with the all inclusive options. I have breakfast included, so I can't imagine drinking/eating $420 worth of beverage/food across lunch and dinner EVERY DAY, but it might be fun to have a day of gluttony where my friend and I just eat and drink to our hearts content!

Originally Posted by orca1114
$195 per couple per day, all you can drink beer, wine, cocktails, mocktails, and smoothies from 10 AM to nighttime. It is advertised by the pool bar every day. As with the AI option, there are some premium brands (esp with champagne and top shelf liquors) that are not included. You can add this to your stay anytime on property, and you can pick and choose which days you want it (or not).

We are not big drinkers, enjoying just one or two per day, so it made much more sense to do everything a la carte. The bartenders told us that younger (under 45) Americans are usually the only guests who do the all-you-can-drink option. I thought that was an interesting observation.

While no trip to the Maldives (if visiting a name-brand resort) is going to be inexpensive, there are ways to keep costs down here. The shared options (whole fish, grilled platters, etc) at the restaurants are large portions of food, and cost is fairly reasonable. Also, room service is the same price as restaurants (and you dont have to pay for still/sparkling water if you take dinner in your room). We always eat a late breakfast, skip lunch (or have a small snack at the pool bar), enjoy Globalist sundowner cocktails and canapes around 5 pm or 6 pm, and then eat a big dinner around 8 pm.

Our F&B for 5 nights last week was only about $650. YMMV, of course, but we felt like we never wanted for anything...if we wanted food or drink, we got it, but there was no need to be excessive. Last time, we spent even less than that by bringing some light snacks from home.