FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:59 pm
jr1202sr

Lifetime GOLD Question

Under the Old System I am 250K points Short of LT GOLD. I have the 500 nights. I can transfer my United Miles into my Marriott Account and will then make the 1.6 Million Threshold HOWEVER I prefer to not get that valuation for my United miles and should be able to earn that Many Marriott Points by 12/31/2018 through stays and credit card use.

The benefit of this is that on August 1st this LT GOLD maps to LT Platinum and I would have this for life. I have read I have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT GOLD and am spoke to Marriott Rewards and they confirmed this....

HOWEVER

I also have read that although you have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT Status that if you qualify AFTER august 1 you your LT GOLD will map to LT GOLD under the new system and NOT LT platinum. You have to qualify before August 1st 2018 in order to map to new levels. Is this true?

Can anyone confirm this? I have read conflicting info on this and need to know if I need to move points quickly before August 1st or I can wait and earn them.

THANK YOU!!!!