FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH restricting availability for redemption using A3?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:32 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Thats really no new news...

The availability for LH MAM members ist much higher than for the *A partners... It has to do nothing with LH MAM Fly Smart availability...

Use the NH tool to find out *A award availability on LH&co... UA is a strategic partner of LH and could have better availability than other *A airlines on LH&co.
I knew they were restricting certain cabins before but it's become much worse.

I don't need to use the NH tool as I use my LH M&M account and SQ PPS to search for availability (I used to use NH to search in the past but I'm not keen on its interface) although it's possible I'm seeing more than the 'standard' when I come to think of it because I think LH give SEN extra availability. For some reason I thought it was Y only but maybe not.

SQ seem to have pretty good access to LH group flights in premium classes.

Saying all that, strangely though, A3 found more availability in Y on LH than M&M (LH) itself did. Not that it was any use but I thought it was quite curious.

Is there any pattern to LH group flights in J or F becoming available on A3, e.g. certain categories or certain number of days before the flight etc.? It will save me bothering looking on both (or 3!) programmes if there is a pattern.

The point of this is that I have a stash of A3 balance that continues to grow, and I want to use them but it's not so easy because of restricted availability of LH Group (I suspect a few others as well) flights.