FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA award change policy
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:04 pm
Wasabi Tofu

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Just to reconfirm, if I need to book a ticket from ICN-LAX, LAX-ICN on OZ's non-stop flight in J for a departure in October 2018 then a return in November 2019, I can book the outbound for October 2018 then a return for any date in 2019. Once the schedule opens for November 2019, I can call NH and ask them to change the return date to the November 2019 date that I want. Since the return is within 355 days of departure from the outbound date, this should be a legal change and no fees (cash or miles) will be charged to process this change, correct?
Yes. As you mentioned, you have to call ANA. Usually, you can make change on the web. However, when you want to change return date beyond 1 year from the original ticket issue date, you can't change this on the web. At least, in my experience of ANA's own flight award.

BTW, how can you make departing on October 2018 and returning on November 2019, still those are within 1 year ticket validity ?

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jul 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm