FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:40 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Only the Soi 57 and Marquis are currently bookable with a Cat 5 cert and post Aug transition it's unlikely the to-be Cat 5 St Regis will be bookable with the current Cat 5 cert which is likely to be relegated to a Cat 4 max.
My bad... I forgot about the five becoming four issue. Nonetheless, if you have the points you might consider paying to UG your cert one category if there is a way to do that after Aug and your stay is after Aug. The StR is a great hotel, quiet and in a great location. If you are not going to get lounge access or a suite UG it wins IMO. As a Silver you might want to see if they will give you a room with a view of the Sports Club.

Originally Posted by Kalboz

So if you book 1-5 category travel package now, you will get 1-4 after the devaluation. And if you book St. Regis package now, you will still get the St. Regis.
At the risk of passing along wrong advice again, I don't think you can book a legacy Starwood property with a TP cert yet nor do I think you can make a points reservation now and apply the cert after the merger. I think you would have to wait until after the merger to use a TC at the StR and you run the risk of how those certs will be treated at that point.

FWIW, I like both the Marquis and the Soi 57 properties. Without CL or an UG I still like the Soi 57 property a little better because it is closer to the BTS and you will have great views from any room.