FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:19 am
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently at the hotel, having completed the first night of a two night stay. I was upgraded to a larger non-suite room. It might be called a 'suite" but it isn't as there aren't two separate rooms. There is still renovation going on elsewhere in the hotel but I have heard no noise -- however, it is a weekend stay.

Pretty much everything about this hotel is adequate. Nothing is outstanding. It's a cookie-cutter renovation -- they did the minimum required to refresh the room, but nothing more. I particularly dislike them following the trend of installing dirt-colored carpet in order to reduce the need for housekeeping to vacuum regularly Water pressure in the bathroom is marginal. The bed is comfortable.

The restaurant is still closed due to the renovation so they are serving breakfast in a conference room. They are also giving globalists the option of breakfast by room service. That seems like a nice option while it lasts, I may try it tomorrow For those who don't get breakfast included, they do have self-service pastry and fruit at the bar, apparently for free. I'd stay here again if I needed to be in the immediate vicinity (as I have to be on this trip) but that's about it.

If this hotel is representative of what future US Hyatt Regencies will look like, I'd say it's rather similar to a Hilton Garden Inn with room service. That's too bad, I had expected a bit more.