FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:18 pm
dukerau

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wtg_miro
For anyone who's gotten this card recently, has anyone tried pooling their Citi Premier account with a Citi Prestige account?

A year ago, Frequent Miler laid out a plan - found here: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ankyou-points/ - for possible redemption of TYP at 1.67 cents per point.

However, this is contingent on TYP from the Citi Premier being worth 1.25 cents towards TRAVEL redemptions. This no longer appears to be the case as the fine print for the current Citi TY Premier now states: "ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for airfare through the ThankYou® Travel Center, as compared to gift cards redeemed from the ThankYou® Rewards collection.”

I was wondering if anyone was able to get the 1.67 cpp from pooling this current TY Premier with a Prestige account. I'm doubtful it'll work, but it's still useful to have datapoints.
It never really was 1.67 cpp for anyone who's doing real math, but it is still available. The 1.67 assumes the 33% bonus value that's implicit in Prestige's 4th night free benefit. So for 4-night hotel reservations, if you have Prestige + Premier, you get 4th night free (Prestige) and 1.25cpp (Premier). Stacked together you get 1.33 * 1.25 = 1.67 cpp. But that's not real since the cash rate you could pay still gets the Prestige 4th night free. In other words, a hotel that costs $100/night would be $400 for a 4-night stay. With Prestige, you can pay $300, or with Prestige + Premier you can redeem 24k TY points for the stay. To me, it's pretty clear you're getting 1.25 cpp ($300/.0125), but FM claims you're getting 1.67 cpp based on $400/.0125.