FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:28 pm
Aero137

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Happy
Lurker's previous 2 posts just prior to this one have made strong hint to "tell" you to attach your cert in order to maximize value. Seems to me if you cancel the reservation down the road, you MIGHT get back a commensurate cert for another hotel stay and not converted to points. Hence the emphasis on "maximize the value." But no, people would not listen to the hint. Now this is the 3rd time he said so. How much more you want when it is very clear that there would not be any definite number being announced prior to Aug 1st.
He does say that "hint' comes directly from the loyalty team. So, that is not a personal interjection.

And as many people have touched on, at this point in time, it seems irresponsible for Marriott to continue to accept the purchases of these, if they plan on cancelling certs for a far diminished exchange value.

Anyway, I am still going to redeem for a TP, since it's better than 2 MR:1 Mile conversion, at worst. But if I am getting points back, there probably isn't any reason to get a higher category cert, right?