FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ET Booking MLW>LFW>EWR
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:19 pm
B747-437B

Originally Posted by EliteNewbie
I'm looking at returning from West Africa to the USA, and I see a routing that works MLW>LFW>EWR ; However I'm nervous about the 45 minute layover in LFW and the luggage hand off between ASKY and ET. Has anyone flown this route? Is 45mins too tight for LFW (I don't speak French)? If the incoming ASKY prop plane is late/delayed, will ET hold a USA bound flight (note I'm buying the ticket RT via ET's website) ?
ASKY is basically ET's Togolese subsidiary - it's planes are registered in Ethiopia and the senior management is all seconded from Ethiopian Airlines. So it is effectively an ET-ET connection.

I'd guess at least a few dozen pax on your Monrovia flight will be connecting to the Newark flight at Lome, so absent a huge delay you will all make the connection just fine with your luggage. Most of the staff at Lome airport speak perfectly fine English anyway, so they will be able to assist you as required.

I haven't done this specific connection, but I've been handed off between planes at Lome for a 20 minute connection before (rerouted ADD-LFW-ACC instead of nonstop due to a prior misconnect) and made it without issues together with my bags.