FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:23 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by taxquestion332123
Hi, sorry, I've read through the thread and have seen the 'group tool' mentioned -- is that what you mean? As in, the property used it to book your meetings?

I tried calling a property yesterday (FFI) and the employee who answered had no idea what 'Rewarding Events' even was. I'm hoping to get a few in before 8/1, if possible.

Thank you in advance, any advice or insight is truly appreciated.
I believe it's using the website to request a quote and the properties choosing to ignore the request. I recently requested quotes from three properties and only one responded.

I have found FDCs to be among the least knowledgeable regarding program terms. As far as the Rewarding Events, the only question I would pose to the property is if they know of and use the Group Posting Tool as that is what triggers the 10 nights to post. The property has no knowledge (they don't pay for the nights) of that portion of the program, unlike the points.