FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status above Executive Elite?
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:30 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by JCrew7384
Hi. I noticed the other day that several cars (not premium/luxury) were in the Executive aisle but had the doors locked and a reserved sign on them. The staff indicated that some VIP renters are able to pre-select a specific car that would normally be in the aisle to guarantee the car choice. Is this a new benefit? I rented a car from National 238 days in 2017 and on track for a similar amount of days this year. Typically rent for 3 week rentals out of EWR so because I am not there every week the staff doesn't generally recognize me.

How can I request this out of Newark?
I would just call and see.

Because for one thing...if you have to ask to get on their VIP list...you probably don't qualify.

I rented over 250+ days last year and will have 365 days of rental this year (heh) and trust me....unless I know a location's manager well....I'm not holding my breath for any kind of VIP service at all.

BUT to be fair the HNL staff is absolutely wonderful and just recently I was able to get the exact kind of car I wanted (Prius) on my long-term rental (since I change out cars every so often).

Many of national locations have great service, and if there's a specific kind of car you're looking for, never hurt to give them a call and see if they can get it for you. But again for those pre-selected/VIP type of renters....we're not in the same league as those customers.....

Last edited by ginmqi; Jul 19, 2018 at 6:37 pm