FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minor: Rejected for LAX Flagship Lounge Access
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:31 pm
b.xiao

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
Originally Posted by danielonn
The Flagship Lounge has self pour wine as well as a Bar. I have been to various lounges including the LAX OW Lounge and other Flagship lounges as well as the Air France lounge even in the USA with self pour liquor and they must enforce the 21 and over. While you may be able to drink in other countries the United States is strictly enforced by the Alcohol Beveage Control and they could revoke the license if an underage minor was caught drinking .

Also lounges do not have to give you a tit for tat so rightfully so you were denied and I am sure you know the age limits when you go online it will say only guests 21 and over may be allowed entrance unless accompanied by an adult 21 and above.

Furthermore I believe its the cardholder that must be 21 and above and I believe that your guest who is 21 and above cannot enter unless you were sponsored by someone 21 and above and they agreed to take responsibility for you.

Just because one lounge allows you access somewhere else in another country does not mean you will get the same here in the USA. I am sorry you were yelled at that is no way to speak to anyone but they were following the rules.

If a lounge has a 100 percent manned bar with no self-pour liquor then I believe you could enter at 18( just like at a restaurant with a bar where 21 and over are allowed to sit in the bar but others must sit in the main dining room like Applebees).

But if its a mixture of self-pour wine and bar service then the primary cardholer must be 21 or above. Hint: Self poured spirits, wines and beers dictate 18 vs 21 for the most part.

I enjoy making my own drinks and have done so at the Air France SFO lounge and the Delta Terminal 2 Lounge which offers a self-pour station.

I hope this helps. Other FlyerTlakers I am sure will weigh in on this.
Thanks for the clarifications - I seriously did not know the policy before this time as I had no trouble entering any US lounges before (except BA Galleries/F that I know of). I suppose they tightened up the restriction recently. But if AA is nice (wrong assumption there), they would give a voucher in exchange of denied access despite being eligible.