FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:24 pm
maverikbc

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Queation on Eqm and redeemable miles with SQ flights

I'm a casual AS flyer with no status.

I'm thinking about buying SQ flights AMD-sin-man-iah-man-sin-amd, in fare class d. I wanted to double check with you whether I'll be qualified as an MVP after my outbound, then as an MVP gold after my inbound by the end of this year. I ve visited AS site, googled, I wasn't too sure, I hope someone here can confirm.

SQ flights in fare class d should earn 200% of miles flown. The round trip miles flown will be 28,160, so I'll earn 28,160 after completing my outbound in October, then become an mvp. In dec, I'll earn another 28,160 after completing my inbound.

In my understanding, the calculation of eqm includes class bonus, but not elite bonus, so the total eqm I'll earn this year will be 28,160x2= 56,320, and we don't add MVP bonus to calculate eqm? I don't need to fly AS to become MVP, right?

For redeemable miles, I'll earn 28,160 on my outbound in October. Hopefully I'll be qualified as an MVP soon after so I'll earn 28,160+14,080x50% MVP bonus=35,200 on my inbound. The total redeemable miles that I earn after the whole trip will be 63,360? Am I correct?
TIA!