FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Greater Los Angeles Area Restaurants Thread (2015 - Date)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:43 am
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cawhite
We were all set for lunch at Paley...but due to a last minute snafu with their accommodations (the apartment they were renting no longer being available "due to an emergency" - but that's a story for another thread), my colleague and his family are now staying in a different part of town. Any suggestions for venues near Santa Monica Pier? They are planning to spend the afternoon there following lunch, so I thought it might be a good area to meet for lunch to minimize their navigating LA traffic. Thanks in advance for any suggestions (I tried searching this thread going back a year but didn't find any results).
Again, this is a part of town with many good options. The quintessential Santa Monica restaurant is The Lobster, right where the pier meets Ocean Blvd. My favorite lunch spot is Milo & Olive, the food is outstanding, but it is always busy and very loud. The same owners also have Huckleberry Bakery and Cafe. There are the Ivy at the Shore and the Water Grill next to each other on Ocean Blvd. Plan Check Kitchen + Bar is a block away. Farmshop at The Brentwood Country Mart on 26th and San Vicente (OK, Santa Monica is across 26th Street), serves market driven food by a French Laundry alum.

There are also quite a few places on Montana Ave and on Main Street.