FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:23 am
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by I_WANT_TO_GO
I spoke to a Marriott rep for a little over an hour last night. After talking about the 7 night/flight packages at a category 6 (called a 840t) he noticed a package without the miles (only 7 nights at a cat 6) called a p850. What surprised us both was it was listed for only 95k points!? 7 nights at a category 6 is currently 180k. This is essentially half price. Spending the additional 135k Marriott to get 50k airline miles doesn't seem worth it at all now, if these packages really do exist.

If I do manage to buy 2 of these before August, do you think I should redeem them before August as well? I'd love to hold onto a cat 9 package but I don't know if it'll be refunded in August.

I'm just a little surprised there isn't a ton of buzz about these 7 night partial packages. Either the rep was confused or this is an insane sweet spot that no one seems to be taking advantage of.

I don't think you can get a partial package in the first transaction. They are used when people extend or upgrade an existing TP. A partial package reflects a certificate for the hotel stay only and the value of that certificate if you were to refund it for points. (As if you were only getting airline miles from the beginning.)