FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:37 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prometa
Just wanted to re-ask my same question now that upgrades on former VX flights are now a possibility. Anyone ex-SFO out there that can comment on upgrade chances on TCON SFO flights?
Where will your TPAC & TATL flights take you and what airlines are most efficient in getting you there? MVPG will certaily give you some benefits, most importantly waived change/cancel fees, access to Partner Lounges when traveling on their metal ( including Y fares), 4 Gold Guest Upgrade certificates (AS flights only) and 100% Elite bonus RDM.

MVPG75K brings an additional 4 GGU certificates, four lounge passes, 125% Elite Bonus RDM & a 50K redeemable mile bonus for achieving top Tier. You can also select Premium seating at no cost for you and one companion on the reservation regardless of purchased fare. Upgrades are really dependent upon how heavy Elite the routes are but overall, success on complimentary upgrades will be better with top tier status.

As an MVPG75K I usually purchase eligible fares on long-haul flights; transcons, Hawaii, Costa Rica. For shorter flights, I am happy with selecting a Premium seat and take the upgrade if it presents itself. Quite often, it does.

Elites can also upgrade to F on AS when purchasing an eligible Y fare providing upgrade space is available and MVPG+ can upgrade one companion regardless of Status.

James

I would look at the AS award charts and see if possible redemption are in tune with your goals.