FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay in Taipei?
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:17 pm
ProleOnParole

Originally Posted by runningonfumes
I saw this thread. I have two hotels that my company will allow me to stay at. The Grand Hyatt or the Palais de Chine. Cost is about the same for each. Offices are in TP101 but that is not relevant as I can take a taxi if need be in the morning for meetings. Will be there for two nights but only about 2 hours of work one morning. I have no other choices for hotel unless I am to pay for it myself.
In terms of location, GH is within short walking distance to Taipei 101, while PdCh is near Taipei Main Station, about half an hour trip away on the MRT, and driving (or taxi) won't really be much faster, especially in the morning.

Although the Main Station area has improved considerably in the recent years, the vicinity of Taipei 101 (Xinyi Planned District) is a much nicer place to stay in.

PdC would be worth considering if you had a lot of luggage but for some reason still wanted to take the train (not taxi) to and from the airport as this is where you'd end up anyway, and is also more convenient for in-town check-in (assuming you wanted to take advantage of it and are eligible) but otherwise GH seems like the obvious choice.