FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slow Demise of Global Services (Yes? No?) ....
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:35 pm
VXforever
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by globetraveler
I think the issue here is United overall, not necessary a GS thing. Yes, the GS ranks have swelled in recent years, but I think the various issues described in this thread are proof points that UA doesn’t have their act together on the passenger experience as a whole.

United needs to empower their employees to do the right thing, which they claim they have (and I realize the deep challenges here), but this is where many of the problems reside. There’s a pervasive legacy mindset that doesn’t allow UA to get out of their own way.

Some Random Examples:

- No lounge access for GS? You have a customer spending $100k/yr yet you don’t offer comp United Club access? This is an embarrassment and a great example that UA just doesn’t get it. Who is making this decision?

Non GS related:

- UA Y buy on board domestically is terrible. Pizza, burger or sandwich? No thanks. Can’t you offer some salads etc for those who want to eat healthy?

- Streaming entertainment sucks. DL has seat back which I much prefer- so much easier- gives you flexibility.

- UA is still taking delivery of non Polaris seats on Dreamliner's? Again I respect supply chain considerations here but why would you continue to take delivery of an old product that will ultimately stay with you fleet for years??

- Recent meal reduction fiasco in F? They corrected course here but again, who is making these “passenger focused” decisions?

Maybe if an exec who was making all of these decisions went through a real day in the life as a real passengwr and encountered the amount of friction there is in the UA experience they would make some changes.

Agreed, we need to drain the swamp.