FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using GUC on KE bookings - Consolidated Thread
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:56 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Skystreak
Hello,

I'm not having any luck with corporate customer care or reservations. If anyone in corporate can help me I would appreciate it.

On June 14th I bought a LAS-ATL-ICN-CGK-DPS-ICN-DTW-LAS ticket with a B class fare so I could use the GUC upgrade. The agent confirmed available inventory and re-issued the tickets. I thought everything was fine until July 15th when Korean cancelled my segments. They said Delta only held the tickets and did not re-issue them so they cancelled them. Delta is saying Korean cancelled the tickets and there is nothing they can do because there is no available inventory. So now I am stuck in the middle. I could have just bought a business class ticket from Korean air for cheaper than what I paid Delta. So far I have spent 6 hours on the phone and nobody can help or we get disconnected and I have to start all over with a new person.
It sounds as though DL either told you or you believed that DL had confirmed positive ticketed space on KE when DL had only reserved it and KE had not confirmed. When KE confirmed, DL had some short period of time to ticket (I think that it is 24 hours, but could be wrong) and did not. Or DL did everything correctly and it is KE that loused up. In any event, you won't get to the bottom of that because KE will blame DL and DL will blame KE.

The ask here is for DL to reach out through its ST liaison to KE's ST liaison and ask KE to force award space on its flight. There is nothing that DL can do to force KE to do anything. The outreach can take a few days and the outcome is far from certain, but that is the most productive course of action. Stay away from the blame issue because it is irrelevant.