FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualify for platinum with both programs in 2018?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:11 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by patiolanterns

Wait, seriously? This is my exact situation too, I am currently Gold at 74 Marriott nights (and about 10 SPG). I was going to generate a stay next week so I’d hit 75 Marriott nights (and plat status) before the merger, but are you saying there is a possible benefit to avoiding Marriott hotels for the next couple weeks and allowing the merger to make me plat? I really want the SNAs and don’t want to jeopardize them at all. Seems crazy they’d do it that way. Any way you could comment further or point me to this discussion?
Sorry to say, from what has been posted by the SPG Lurkers, you need to cross the 75 nights during the new program to get the 5 SNAs. Since you will start with 84 combined nights, no SNAs should be expected. NOW, will MPG change that? Possibly and probably should. I'm thinking it might be a good reason to call in after the programs have merged and you have merged your accounts. I see so many corner cases, many very valid, and I suspect MPG will be able to make appropriate adjustments.