FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection - Chania, Greece [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:22 pm
jmanirish

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Any other thoughts on the Chania Noruz vs Elounda? No kids but other than that issue, I'm having a hard time sorting out which one people like better for August.

Sounds like there are some walking options from Noruz. Elounda is way more convenient to the ferry (not sure how to get to Noruz from the Ferry). Not sure which has the better pool and rooms.
Haven't stayed at both, so this isn't a comparison per se. But here's what swayed me to Noruz.

-Flat resort with beach immediately available (we came from Santorini so wanted easy access to a sandy beach).
-Newer resort
-No kids
-More to do in the surrounding area (again, because we came from Santorini and were basically parked at a pool there for a few days).

The Elounda resort looks lovely, but we were very happy with the Noruz. We ended up renting a car from the port and driving. 2 hours but very easy (get your 'international drivers license' - not needed to rent but they said potential EUR 1,000 fine if a police officer wants to pull you over). If you rent from Avis/Budget, the stand is right in front of the port (just make sure you're one of the first few off the boat, otherwise you'll be waiting) and then returned it to the HER airport. If you don't want to drive, believe it was EUR150-EUR 170 each way for a transfer (taxi?).

We only walked around the surrounding area a tiny bit. Otherwise we took a cab into the old town (EUR 7-10 each way) each night and had dinner and drinks, then came back. Some great meals and all very reasonable (especially when considering they were on the water). See my post a few above this for more information on our stay and feel free to reach out with any specific questions.