FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Triple Points for Amex Card Holders in July
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:12 pm
Bicoastal Local

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Any thoughts on the best way to stack this with Citi 4NF? Split off the extra charges (meals, etc) so you get 24X on those, while still covering the room and taxes with the Citi card? Would the Hilton be keen to split the expenses that way? Think it would work? I have two stays coming up on 4NF and while the 4NF cashback of $150 can't be beat, the $800 for the stay would result in about 17k points with the Aspire (14X Hilton spend (on the whole $800), plus another 10X for the bonus on the room rate ($600), or around $90. It's been a great quarter to visit the Hilton's, especially when compared to the lame SPG/Marriott promo (WOW 250 EXTRA STARTING THIRD NIGHT, and different clock for SPG and Marriott too).
I had a recent stay where a week before my stay, there was an advance purchase rate that was cheaper than the original 4NF rate I had with the Citi concierge.

I called the concierge and took the pre-paid rate (on the Prestige card) then checked out with the Aspire card to cover parking, restaurant and room service. I can confirm that Citi did give me the 4NF rebate.