FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best noise cancelling headphones for flying?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:59 pm
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
This is the most recent thread I could find on the topic - I am sure there are others.

But I just wanted to give a shout out to the Bowers & Wilkins PX. I was a Bose user user since 2008 and completely wore out two sets. But this year I thought I would give Bowers & Wilkins a try as I have enjoyed their other products (the Zeppelin Wireless and the T7 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker) recently.

* The battery life is excellent - they carried me all the way from NCL to BOM via LHR and through Indian immigration and customs without running out, and have also served me well on many intra-European journeys.
* The sound is first-rate - I have heard lyrics that I never knew were there before, even on a plane
* The noise cancelling is great, with the option through the app to apply a vocal filter so you do not need to take off the headphones (although you will probably turn off the music) to listen to the safety demonstration.

Not only are the technical aspects great the look and feel is entirely satisfying too - I went for the blue and gold rather than the grey. There is not a hint of plastic, unlike pretty much everything else I saw, and the leather ear pieces and head band are comfy, getting much softer and close-fitting with use.

I would recommend the Bowers & Wilkins PX to all FTers.

Are they comfortable?

Do they pinch the earlobes?

Looks like they won't fold down and be as compact as the Bose.