FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will UA use Purser, Lead or Service Mgr? - UA to standardize on "Purser" post-Oct2018
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:54 pm
fezzington

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by tuolumne
The name, from what I heard approx. 4 years ago, was to use Purser. Then it changed to the sCO term ISM during the wanying days of Smisek, went BACK to Purser, before the (awkward) FSL was then created. That lasted only a little longer than the bizarre pmCO livery typeface for “United Airlines”.

Now it’s back to pmUA purser like it rightfully should be.

Great to see it finally confirmed.
Each subsidiary continues to use their pre-merger identification. If you heard ISM on a flight, you were flying with a sCO crew. Purser was sUA, and will be the name for all after Oct. 1, with the vote to oust FSL/"Fizzle"

Originally Posted by trust77
I have a good question that i've not been able to figure out since the current uniforms were rolled out.

What on the ISM/Purser's uniform distinguishes them from the rest of the cabin crew? For example, sCO ISM uniforms had two stripes on the wrist portion of their jackets, but with current uniforms, I cant distinguish other than their name tag saying "ISM" or "Purser".

Please help me solve this mystery once and for all!
There is currently no difference, other than the name tag.

If you happen to be onboard a plane without a qualified ISM/Purser onboard, you probably wouldn't even know it.