FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Denied Boarding - VDB/Bump Experiences on UA [2018]
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:22 am
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jjmoore
UA256 tomorrow (Monday) DEN-SFO had equipment change. B788 downgauge to B763 2cl (with new Polaris). I received a call from a United rep this afternoon asking to switch to another flight in confirmed F (I was originally in M with instant upgrade cleared). I switched onto DEN-SJC at 8:30am. My reward was $500... which is personally my first VDB since March 2017. Finally!

At the end of the ordeal, first was over by 5 and economy by 3 according to the phone agent. I'm glad I put my name on the VDB list when I checked in online earlier today.... which likely put me first in line to be called with the offer.
I'm glad they gave you the voucher. When that happened to me three months ago (plane downgauge as well), the phone agent laughed at me when I asked for a $500 voucher to change flights. I passed, and got $1500 the next day at the gate. I assume you recommended the DEN-SJC flight? UA could always argue they're doing you the favor by rerouting you there and skip out on the voucher.