FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR Do September 14-16, 2018
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:49 am
nomadic.relief

Bear with me, I have attempted to be "techish" ... please let me know if the map link in the wiki is a horrible failure! At this point I have only included the known hotels, location of float plane docks, and Waterfront Station (it will likely be the meeting point for the walks), but I intend to update it as more is finalized. Currently there will be a Gastown/Chinatown walking tour from ~10am-12pm on Saturday, the float plane tour for those interested on Saturday afternoon (time TBA), the official dinner Saturday evening (location/time to be confirmed in next couple days, but it will be gastropub/beer bar), and a walking tour of Downtown/Waterfront areas on Sunday ~10am-12pm. And yes, I will be adding microbrewery clusters to the map later! :P

For other activities, should people be so inclined, or have more time, you can easily rent bikes and tour the seawall around Stanley Park (a mostly flat 10km, plus whatever from your starting point); there is a free shuttle up to Capilano Suspension Bridge (shows off our massive trees) and Grouse Mountain Gondola (stunning views of Vancouver + Vancouver Island) - very tempted to take a group of you up there either Friday or Sunday, should there be enough interest; Granville Island markets; there is Queen Elizabeth Park or Vandusen Gardens for the botanically inclined; and if you really don't like beer, you can ditch us for a Vancouver Whitecaps-Seattle Sounders soccer match.

I have removed the list of interested float plane participants in the wiki and will be posting an Eventbrite link in its place in the next few days, once the Saturday evening dinner is finalized.

Nice to see a new participant has snuck into the wiki - welcome Majuki!

Could I also ask that people indicate in the wiki if they are around on Friday evening for pre-drinks/dinner? I need a better idea of numbers to

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Jul 16, 2018 at 2:06 am