FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:51 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by felicidad76
I find this to be a good news and hopefully systemwide so people can buy more alaska lounge memberships if they chose.
Really something that makes no sense at all for those that are SFO based and visit/transit SEA a few times a year using Priority Pass. Until Alaska has a lounge at SFO, I just don't see the need to rush and buy an Alaska membership that I'd probably use, at most, a half dozen times a year in Seattle. I should note, as an AA flyer, I did have an Admirals Club membership with them for 16 years and made frequent use of their SFO lounge, as well as east coast lounges (DCA, BOS, JFK, PHL come to mind). I just don't see the value in buying an Alaska lounge membership being based at SFO and flying to east coast destinations that also don't have Alaska lounges (the exception being JFK, but most of my flights have been to EWR).

I still have a few 75K lounge passes I can redeem in Seattle when I'm through there for now. Still waiting for news about the SFO Alaska lounge. Open one there and I probably would purchase a membership.