FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:21 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
So my situation is that I opened both an Alaska personal and business card approximately 22 months ago. When the annual fee(s) came up, I cancelled the business card outright and then I converted my personal to a Thank You Rewards card, which I still have open. I did not reduce credit lines on either when closed and converted. In fairness, at the time I remember it being recommended that you keep some sort of relationship with BoA. Anyway, I didn't decrease the credit limit until February of this year, where it currently sits at $1K. Is that enough time for the credit line(s) to have been restored? Just for some additional information, I have not opened any other BoA cards since and this is only the second attempt ever at opening up new Alaska personal and biz cards (I do have a legitimate business as well). In addition, and I have no idea if this means anything, but there's a "special offer" to apply for a personal Alaska card when I login to my BOA online banking. Anyway, just curious if anyone thinks applying for both now may be problematic or if I should wait longer.
I can't tell what you actually did, because you mixed up card names. Thank You Rewards cards are only available from Citi, not BofA, so it is impossible to convert an Alaska card to a Thank You Points card.

Anyway, credit limit you reduce manually has sometimes taken a few months in the past, but from Feb to July should certainly be long enough.