FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:46 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MaggieKay

Can I ask where you got this information? I have asked Customer Service about this and they still have no definitive explanation about whether Ritz Gold as earned by the credit card will be new (bogus) gold or if it will be Platinum. Different sites have differing opinions. I have seen each of the following recently:

Old Ritz gold becomes new Gold in August.
Old Ritz gold becomes Platinum until February 2019.
Old Ritz Gold becomes Platinum until February 2020 ( but in some cases it says that you must have spent $10,000 for this to apply - although it doesn’t specify over what time period).

I guess I won’t really know until August 26th.

Are you asking about the existing gold converting in August? My explanation was for earning status going forward. There is no explicit confirmation that the old Ritz gold will become platinum, but there's nothing to suggest otherwise. Marriott's website says all real Ritz and Marriott golds become platinum, only SPG gold migrates to new gold.