FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:06 pm
OskiBear

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm currently staying here for the weekend. It's my second time as I stayed last year and enjoyed it. This time I had a few reasons to be downtown (Dodger game, Hollywood Bowl) so decided to have a "staycation." I'm using my Ambassador free weekend.

I booked a King Suite and was upgraded to a Luxury Suite - that was reflected in my reservation about a week before check-in. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, but the room is quite nice. It's on the southwest corner so I have a view west down Wilshire Blvd and of the Hollywood Hills. To the south, I have a view of other buildings and then Long Beach, where I actually live. I guess that's to be expected since I can usually see this hotel from my condo when I'm at home on a clear night.

Check-in took a bit longer than I expected - they only have four desks that handle both check-in and check-out. There also isn't a defined queue area so it feels as if you're awkwardly standing about in the lobby area. The agent was very proficient and friendly and said that the room was a very nice upgrade. I'm not sure of what the difference would be between the King suite I booked and the Luxury suite I was assigned.

There seems to be a lot of airline crew here (saw multiple Lufthansa and Korean Air crews. Doesn't Korean Air/Hanjin own this hotel?). Welcome water/fruit/amenity were delivered fairly quickly after I was in the room. The amenity is the same small tin of chocolates that I received last year. I received the same one or both IC's in San Francisco.

Overall, I still really enjoy staying here so will probably continue to use it when wanting to be in LA for a weekend. Elevators are fine once you figure out transferring on 31 instead of going up to the lobby on 70. I didn't bother with the $48/night valet. I left my car at Union Station for $8/night and am using Metro to get around or just walking most places.