FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:39 am
c1223

Programs: BA GGL
Amex FR - Won't accept payment...?

My account is currently under financial review. I've only just sent them the required information, so still awaiting the outcome. Anyway, in the mean time, one of my cards has a balance due. Luckily it's not until the end of the month. I'm just trying to put my mind at ease, as it's the weekend, and I cannot contact Amex because you're only allowed to speak to the financial review team.

The "new" look account shows that a direct debit will come out of my account but shows as £0. When I look at the old "make a payment" page it shows that the direct debit will come out with the full balance of the statement (and shows the balance). Slightly confused!

I tried to make a payment with my debit card attached to the account and it failed. (Nothing to do with my debit card provider).

I imagine they'll be able to answer my question on Monday, but I assume the direct debit will actually come out with the full value of the statement? If not, and the card payment doesn't work, I assume sending a bank transfer via FP/BACs will be the only way to make sure they receive the money. I have the money and I want to pay off my credit card but they don't seem to want to let me!