FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slow Demise of Global Services (Yes? No?) ....
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:01 am
s0ssos

Originally Posted by aero0729
Try flying Delta.. im sure you will love the product
*Diamond upgrades never clear (doing way better as a 1K)
*Food is gross - I haven't had an edible meal in 1st on DL this year. United snack flights are better than DL transcends (except for D1)
*Service on DL absolutely sucks... most overrated airline on planet earth. Board before you clear your upgrade.... or empty seats in 1st??? DL flips you the finger. Left me in the back #1 on the UG list with an empty seat next to my companion. Customer Relations supported the gate agents decision to avoid delay . flight left 8 min early. This is consistent with DL , UA ALWAYS comes onboard
*First class seats... on DL its "LCC" in 1st with the tightest pitch and no recline
*Award availability might not be great on UA.. but on DL, those Skymiles and seeing DL prices for last minute awards will make you puke. 120K Delta miles one way for last minute JFK-LHR flight. UA was round trip for the same price.

Trust me ... enjoy GS and avoid DL. IT wont be faster to get to LGA.. the traffic blows and the flight schedules aren't that great. Its a regional airport. JFK... DL Terminal 4 is much worse than EWR. Seems like you have to walk forever. Oh and lounges you can eat food in? Not sure I understand what you mean... the salad with the big bottles of Hidden Valley ranch is food you would eat? Or the DL Skyclubs enjoyable rubber chicken ? DL has no International departure lounge. You would miss that Polaris lounge for sure.
Wow, lots of exaggerations, but DL has no food? Have you ever been to their Seattle lounge? Not just food, but local/regional food. Like Ivar's Clam Chowder. Beecher's mac and cheese.