FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slow Demise of Global Services (Yes? No?) ....
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:51 pm
LimeyFlyer

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
A lot of what you're speaking to is endemic to UA -- the idea that GS could make the food nicer or the seats more comfortable is a bit of a strange starting point for your expectations (assuming those misses are driving you being "underwhelmed").

And not getting help with a connection in BRU? How many GS connect in BRU? How many CK/360 get ground transfers at non-hubs?

EWR is 35 minutes less convenient than JFK or LGA? How was GS going to change that -- complimentary helicopter xfers?

I'm not contesting that you haven't been blown away, I'm just wondering where you got the basis for your expectations of something else.
As I noted, it's all first world stuff. The most significant difference is you get all the platitudes of "Thank you for being GS" etc... but that's where it stops.

Given that few GS connect at BRU, why couldn't assistance be provided? Maybe easier if there are fewer people to take care of? Instead, Mrs LimeFlyer was texting me, while I was looking up the changed gate and reduced connection time due to late arrival.

The other stuff.. nice food etc, I completely agree with you... and it points towards what's the point of GS when you eat the same donkey food as everyone else? I'm with you, and that's the problem... the product and the service is the same pretty much.....

If I lost GS tomorrow, and went to 1K I don't believe it would make a significant difference to my experience if I was a 1K, other than a benefit on a couple of reward bookings.

I'm curious as to what anyone's opinion would be that what you should expect as a GS, since clearly my expectations have not been met! I don't care about upgrades, since my tix are mostly in J, and the food and service on board are the same as everyone else.