FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:20 am
UCSBCHRIS2002

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Received an email from Iberia at around 6am pacific:

"We are sorry to inform you that we need the copy of your identification document to verify your Iberia Plus account information. Therefore, it is not possible for us to activate your account." "If you wish to cancel any of the tickets you bought for the promotion, you may do so free of charge on this exceptional occasion by sending us the ticket number"

Here are some data points:
  • Created new account 6/22
  • Purchased 10 tickets on 6/22
  • 7/1 or 7/2, account is locked
  • 7/3, via app ask for pin.
  • 7/4 sent email regarding points status and locked account, receive auto-reply
  • 7/5 received email asking for identification and tickets booked
  • 7/5 sent copy of passport and tickets (.JPG file of passport, pdf of tickets), no auto-reply
  • 7/11 received email about delay
  • 7/13 (today) received email that identification needed, and option to cancel tickets
Checked my account this morning and bookings still appear when logged in but can see account still locked.

Not clear why they are now telling me that they have not received my passport copy and no mention of the promo. Did anyone else send a .JPG file of passport photo? Should I try a PDF of my passport? Like everyone else in this boat, I want to start booking flights and this delay sucks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Goodluck to all.

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Jul 13, 2018 at 10:31 am