FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wallet that does not suck?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:54 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
I am still clinging to my Coach Money Clip wallet that they haven't sold in years. Essentially it is a single fold wallet with an internal money clip to hold the bills in place (one side of the bills goes under a flat, the other side is loose. There's room under the flap for a couple cards and three slots on the other side. Nothing external.

My wallet is so in tatters that it's become embarrassing, but nothing else I've tried comes close.

I just discovered that Coach does currently sell something similar, but with 8 card pockets, 4 on each side, rather than one side having the currency flap.

https://www.coach.com/coach-money-clip-billfold/26016.html?dwvar_color=BLK&src=googleshopping&cid= S_GPLA26016_campaignid=220774522&gclid=CjwKCAjwj4z aBRABEiwA0xwsP5vMku8IS80d28DE7tm0KjTsyRGc4ANuNdND8 6sYWeiScorIPhW4YBoCnn4QAvD_BwE
My trusty Coach wallet finally gave up the ghost last night and I've swapped in a Zegna money clip wallet that we bought at a silent auction a few years back. This thing defines "sucks". There are six card slots (three on each side). OK, but they're so small I can barely jam a single card into each of them. I carry - insurance cards, driver's license, one gas credit card, my work credit card, 1 other credit card, my Costo card, my Chase and City debit cards. That's eight. They don't fit. If I move those cards into another credit card case I'll either be carrying around TWO wallet-like things or will forget the card case at home and won't have it with me when I need it. And the things closes so tightly that it won't fully close with even a small amount of currency. And, the damn thing retails for like $650. Who designs these worthless things??