FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:54 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
With all the fuss over qualifying for LTPP -- which I have done -- I hope there is some systemic recognition under the new combined program -- and I hope it results in at least some tangible benefit such as upgrade priority.
Have you noticed that in the promotional materials, like on the members.Marriott site, under LT Silver, Gold and Plat it states the LT member gets "All (Silver/Gold/Plat) Elite Benefits" but there is no similar claim made for PP? There is ample verbiage stating a qualified person will get LTPP status but no promise that LTPP gets PP benefits, which is expressly given for the other levels. There is an internet rumor assumption that will be the case, but as far as I have seen no promise has been given by Marriott. If there is no tangible benefit given for LTPP over LTP, don't blame Marriott; they made no promise there would be.

I have always believed LTPP was a bone thrown to us legacy Marriott LTPs so we would not be in the same status level as the legacy MR LTGs when the programs combine. The level was so unimportant to Marriott they did not even include similarly situated SPG members and seemed to be caught off guard when anyone actually cared about what they apparently thought was a title-only status. LTP will be the highest attainable level and it would be ridiculous for Marriott to encourage present members to work towards that, which is really the purpose of having the LT status, while at the same time giving even better benefits to an unattainable level. I fully expect we LTPPs will get nothing more than bragging rights, and honestly, who is going to be bragging about a hotel loyalty program status?