FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:29 pm
Leela382

Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01
Took part in the promotion on 2 accounts. My account (been open for a couple of years & had activity) and a newly opened account for my wife.

- 10 flights booked SDR-MAD. Lots of issues with booking/recognising the IB#. In the end I booked whilst logged into my wife's account with me as a 2nd pax and worked ok. All e-tickets received and all had the IB account numbers.

- I received the 90,000 Avios automatically on 2nd July. Nothing for my wife initially.

- Received a request for copy of passport and pdf versions of the tickets. These were send promptly.

- Today (12th July) my wife received the "90,000 Avios are now yours" email. Checked the account and they have posted :-)

T&C's now say they cannot be moved out of iberia which I'm a bit unhappy about (as they have changed the T&C's) but at least I've got them so not going to take that any further.

Now, like others I cannot seem to book a return flight on partners. Do we know if that's a temporary issue??
I'm not sure if the issue involving not being able to book partner awards online is temporary, however I was able to ticket the domestic AA reservation that I've had on hold since Monday.

The first agent I talked to on Monday said there was no availability even before i provided my return date so I HUCA. The second agent initially couldn't find any flights but was able to find availability after placing me on hold. She could not seem to see first class space even though it was available on the Iberia, AA, and BA websites so I put a mixed cabin ticket on hold as she was unable to ticket the reservation. The agent today initially couldn't find availability, but then I provided my confirmation number and after being placed on hold she was able to find open first class space for entire itinerary.

So the good news is that they aren't blocking/limiting the bonus miles to only Iberia flights which is what I initially feared, but very inconvenient to not be able to book online and annoying that some agents don't know how to search for open partner award flights.