FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:30 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They've really gone to poop since moving to YUL.

I have a business class Aeroplan redemption, with the first leg in Y (X).

I sent an email after checking in to be added to the onload list for J.

Here's the response:

Great. Except, I'm not actually on the list. Did this get forwarded to SFO? Why not add me to the list yourself?!?!?

This is an example of a very simple request that has no self-service alternative, but they didn't do it.

It's not time sensitive, so I'm going to wait until morning, but if it's not done by then, I'm calling back and not hanging up until I'm on the list.

I guess what really annoys me is it looks like they've offloaded the work from the central call centre (which should have a bunch of agents) to SFO, which has at most two at any given time.
Junior/new Concierge: Just prints and hands the BP to you. You notice the seat is way back in Y and ask them if they could find a seat closer to the front of Y. They then make seat change for you and hand you a new BP.

Senior/experienced Concierge: Prints BP, asks if they can do something else to assist with your travels while looking at BP and notices your seats are way back in Y, then offers to find you a better seat closer to the front.