FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:23 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Jumping back...I was just thinking

There was a time that I knew a bunch of Concierges very well at a variety of Canadian stations (the international ones with smaller staff are easier to keep in touch with).

Now-a-days, there has been a lot of staff changes and with the loss of direct communication with them I find it is difficult to re-build those relationships. Not that they are necessary of course but are nice to have.

Always nice to come off a 15 hour flight and recognize someone you know

I have always said, the phone numbers to each city should be put back and if no one answers or is busy, then ring back to the main line. It solves the problem of local contact and keeps the 24 hour line going as it should.

It 'seems' to be a simple fix to a problem. Hell, I have this exact setup with my Unison PBX system. Call my office, no one answers, it rings cell phones automatically.

It is just a shame,really
But isn't that the opposite? You call the central line, and if no answer THERE, it rings the local?

I've had too many issues at smaller stations where "insignificant" issues monopolize the concierge time, so that when I'm at the airport, in person, and struggling, I can't get help.

I see the call centre as a filter. You tell them the problem, and they either help you (if possible), or they pass it along to someone local. I'd much rather have that than the opposite, because it keeps the locals free for issues that require local assistance.

Getting me on the onload list did not require local assistance, nor was it urgent. But maybe there was an SE at SFO who had a problem and required immediate attention. I'd hate for my request to prevent them from getting help from the one concierge on duty.

Originally Posted by jc94
You see my question here is why did they say Hello/Bonjour? At a Canadian security line sure, because then I'll respond and they know what language to use, but in an email where one word, and only one word is in French, what really is the point? Plus surely given they have your name don't they know you prefer English? Because one assumes your email was also in English. Picky perhaps.
Yes, my email was in English. I don't care too much about that, but I agree, the word was unnecessary.