View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:27 am
jason8612
Moderator, Hertz

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Namibia Trip - Ideas

I'm heading back to Namibia, but this tome with the parents. So far we land into WDH Sept 10th and I have 2 rooms booked in a lodge next to Etosha. (Sept 10-14). We have our flight out of WDH to South Africa on the 16th at 3PM.
I need to fill the 14-16th. Last time I drove to Sossusvlei, but I do not think it's possible this time (Etosha - Sossusvlei is about 8hr drive, and even if I drove that all the 14th, it's just too far I think.)
I was thinking of Khorixas/Damaraland. From the Etosha Lodge, it is about a 2hr drive and from Khorixas it is about a 5hr drive to the Airport. Either we could do 1 night there and then just drive in the evening to Windhoek and overnight there or leave early the 16th (around 7am or so) and head to the airport.
Another option is Damaraland on the 14th-15th and then the 15th-16th at Okonjima Cheetah Park (about 2.5hrs drive from Khorixas and then about 2.5hrs drive to WDH airport)
Are there any places that one can recommend between Etosha and Windhoek for the 1 to 2 days?

Last edited by jason8612; Jul 12, 18 at 9:48 am