FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel [Master Thread]
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:14 pm
greg99

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Mediocre stay this week.

First problem was a problem with my room type - when I booked a AAA Club Lounge/Room rate (I'm only Gold), I called reservations and asked what the difference was between the rate I booked and a higher Club room rate, and was told none, that I would receive a club level room. When I arrived, I was told no, I only received club lounge access, and there were no available club rooms with king size beds. After I pointed out my confirmation that said room and lounge, and that I had been told differently by reservations, they comped me my parking, which was slightly less than the difference between my rate and the non-Club AAA rate. Suboptimal, but it was late.

Room itself was fairly nice from a hardware perspective, although the AC sockets are falling apart. Light sensor switches turn out lights way too quickly. The biggest problem I had with the room was that they were pumping so much fragrance into my room that I sneezed for an hour before some sudafed helped settle things down. It was after midnight, so I didn't ask for another room.

Triggering my pet peeve was that their miss on my wake-up call. I called directly down to the front desk for the request, but none was received. Fortunately I had set an alarm.

I had a business meeting nearby, but I wouldn't be racing to stay here again. Next time I'll try the Hilton.