FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Rescue Travel for dogs need help with UA contact
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:06 pm
Korean pup

Thank you for taking the time to reply. All of your ideas are great suggestions. We have begun to reach out to both local and national media. I had not thought about the Fortune 500 avenue but one Korean pup adopter has significant national media connections. A number of our fosters and adopters have begun to connect to United through Twitter. All I am asking in my attempts to contact United is to be given the opportunity to communicate directly via text, email or phone with a decision maker. Thank you again for your time
Originally Posted by Often1
UA took the hit for the dogs that died and got a lot of positive media for its new policy along with the recognition that it is not accepting animals which don't meet its parameters.

The same people here who advise going after UA publicly would then go after UA publicly if the dogs died.

As others note, UA has granted a few exemptions for military families and takes special precautions. That is likely as far as UA goes and, while the situation is unfortunate, kudos to UA for not taking on what it is not ready to handle.
Thank you Often1 for your time although I have to respectfully disagree. The fact that a small pup died in the overhead compartment is nothing short of tragic. When United's team managed to send a German Shepard to Japan instead of Denver is clearly an example of both human and system failure. I applaud United for calling a 2 month timeout to revisit their pet travel procedures. The new policy however still allows animals who fit in a crate smaller than 30 inches in height to fly the same as before. The height restriction seems to be a random perimeter that has no connection to pet safety. The effect of such a restriction does not provide a safer flight. Instead it simply excludes certain types and breeds of dogs from traveling on United.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 12, 2018 at 12:39 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member