FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lagos day trips
Thread: Lagos day trips
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:07 pm
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by shefgab
Thanks for the responses guys
I hadn't even realised there was Uber there - I presume it's reliable and safe? It's hard as a first timer to gauge just how dangerous it is, as a lot of companies err on the side of caution in terms of advice for employees. There'll be two of us (guy and a girl).
Better than taxis - new American/Canadian cars and good drivers.

In the spare time that I had, I ended up wandering around the center of Lagos island - not much to see there, but you do get a sense of the city. Most of the stares were that of amazement that a white person would wonder by themselves there. At the end I did have an incident where two guys tried to grab my phone as I was waiting for my uber. Unfortunately unlike on VI there are no cafes to wait in - so I wouldn't advise walking around there unless you know what you're doing.

FWIW VI is perfectly safe to wander around. Though there's not much to see, there are plenty of places to have a nice and relaxing lunch.

This was a neat little jazz-themed bookstore that's near VI.
Because it's rainy season, you probably won't want to visit any beaches. Otherwise, anything on Lekki is decent. Also, there are some nice beaches on the other side of the bay - you'd have to take a boat to go there.
PM me if you want some lunch spots.