FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Free night certifcate in Europe
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:41 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj
I'm not putting a lot of spend on the card either (mainly due to the fact that I already have a ton of points I want to start burning before adding more) BUT it could make sense if you think about the fact that a $10k spend in a non-bonus category can land you 2 free nights in NYC at the Cassa Hotel. $10k x 5 points per $1 = 50k PLUS the free night certificate. Not many cards out there that offer that type of return for a $10k spend.
since I live in NYC (not Manhattan) no need for a hotel there. that aside if Wyndham has anything decent then just $7500 in Spend at a supermkt gets you 1 free night or apx $93 in fees to get the 15k MSing

I just got the CC again 80K worth the AF, will CX the card I usually overnight at ZRH a couple of times a year, and The Rad is 70k, theres a PI for 44k, but free shuttle to Hotel got to pay to get back, but theres nothing like walking out the hotel and in <5 mins going thru security (bags are held overnight < 24 hrs layover) miss the shuttle or its full can mean missing the flight. I called once and was told I had to sign up when I get to the hotel well getting there at best 9pm probably means most good times are maxed out and having to leave extra early. The extra pts well worth it for The Rad

Personally have stayed a ta hand full of Rads in The US (no Blu or NYC) and theres a very good reason they are with RR, no one else will have them. Was just in the Baltics and RR was the best way to go with very decent props to boot, too bad its not like that over here