FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling CSR- But What's Next?
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by festriaqua
SPG Amex Luxury....[*]2 Marriot points per $ on every day spend- Not sure if this is a pro, but definitely better than the 1 point per dollar from the CSR (when transferred to Marriott)...[*]Probably no signup bonus- I currently hold the SPG Amex...
Amex Platinum
....[*]$200 airline credit- Really not sure how to utilize this benefit as I rarely pay any incidental fees while traveling. Buying and storing up AA gift cards seems like a hassle (can you use 10 $50 gift cards to pay for a $500 flight?).[*]Low interest in MR transfer partners- Not interested in any of the airline transfer partners. Transfer to SPG is like 1/3 point per dollar spent.

1. Comparing two New Marriott points to one Ultimate Rewards point may not be accurate, depending on which Chase cards you hold and how you use them.

2. I expect you will be eligible for a new account bonus on the SPG Luxury card, because it is a new product, but it looks as if Marriott is making these decisions now.

3. If you choose to buy AA giftcards with American Express Platinum you need not buy the $50 denomination.

4. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for award travel on most any airline that is a member of the three major alliances. This is done by redeeming for partner awards.

5. Starting 8.1.2018 the Membership Rewards transfer rate to Starwood will be 1000:1000.