Old Jul 11, 18, 9:14 am
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by criced View Post
YES! I love BA and could spend weeks!!!

Just a warning if someone will do the opposite AEP-EZE right now for an international departure. I did this sunday 8 july evening. They seams to do some rebuilding at Ezezia and check in counters are in a temporary configuration. Imigration also. Que lines were long. I would say it take 2h from arival at the EZE-airport until you are at the gate. Add 40 min with Uber
from AEP. I was lucky flying bizz and had som fast track.
There is indeed construction going on at EZE and the school winter holidays already started in some provinces (they start this Friday in BA), so expect more passengers at any airport in Argentina over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
My husband and I are going on an Antarctica cruise in November, departing from Ushuaia. I've already booked our r/t SFO-EZE (via EWR) flights on UA business class (we currently have lowly silver status) and need to book our domestic r/t Buenos Aires to Ushuaia flight this week. The UA flight lands at EZE at 10:50 am on Friday; my cruise sets sail from Ushuaia Sunday afternoon. I'm 90% sure we're gonna have checked luggage. Unfortunately, the lone EZE-USH flight on Friday departs before my UA flight lands, so that's not an option. Which option would you recommend I do?
  1. Try to catch the last (Aerolineas Argenintas) AEP-USH flight of day which departs at 3:35 pm on Friday. Is 4.5 hours enough time to get from EZE to AEP (w/ all the immigration, customs, luggage stuff) during that time of day?
  2. Get some rest/overnight in BA and fly to USH Saturday morning.
We bought travel insurance for this trip (mandated by the cruise).
Option 2 seems better for me. Say you land at 10.50am, you leave the aircraft at 11am at best, then it's ca. 1 hour to clear all formalities and get a taxi, you'll be at AEP at approx. 1.30pm. Your transit is doable but a bit tight (and it relies on UA being on time and not missing your luggage!). If you have the time and money, I would spend Friday in Buenos Aires, go somewhere nice for dinner and relax until catching the Saturday morning flight.

Also, if you take the 3:35pm flight you will land at Ushuaia after sunset, so there's not much you would be able to do and see there anyway.