FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Horny" Passenger Allegedly Molested Women on UA Flight
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:15 am
joe_miami
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
"

Now I did not grow up in the USA (but Australia), but I suspect there are great similarities in the culture for females. I can assure you I was brought up to not confront a man. A "nice girl" does not do that. So when these things happened to me (and they happened more than you may realize), after the first time when I was 19 by a 60 year old (who was the senior partner in the firm) some of my male colleagues came to my "rescue" as I just burst into tears as I did not know what to do. I subsequently learned to diffuse future situations with humor, but I was also very much working in a man's world and the attitude was if I could not stand the heat to get out of the kitchen - I was a very successful professional female and you would not believe how many men are unhappily married or the number of times I was "propositioned" and we were able to "laugh" it off. But many females did not have the status in their careers that I did. There was and is a social convention for women to defer to men. So unless you are a female who has experienced the cultural norm of what is expected of a "nice girl", please respect that perhaps women do believe this is what is expected of them.

The women in this situation was probably trying not to make a scene, until she could not take it any longer. Until you have walked in her shoes perhaps consider that she too is a "nice girl". She was told by another female to sort it out with the guy who was assaulting her - we "nice girls" do not want to hurt a man's fragile ego. She then reported it the next day. That took courage as she would have had to be interviewed by the police and presumably testify in court.

There is a reason so many women support the MeToo movement - it is a real problem for many, many women.
Little or none of the above has any relevance to this situation. Taking the story at face value, the woman was relocated after she complained to the FA and then the purser, and yet, in a prior post above, you stated that you believe this lawsuit has merit. Why should United have to shell out money for something a third party did, when United took action as soon as it received the complaint? That makes no sense. Is United supposed to have someone posted at each row in case a male inappropriately touches a female who, for whatever reason, doesn't immediately complain?